Wednesday, July 8, 2009

only you can make the difference

I enjoyed DR LEO BUSCAGLIA speech about making the difference. He is a very positive man. Having the value of joy, laughter. A person without joy and laughter in his life is so dull.
Valueing once self is so hard for others to do. I remember a text message from a friend of mine about valueing yourself. There was this child who asked her English teacher this question: Ma'am, why is it that when we write the noun I in a sentence, we always use a capital letter? The teacher answered: Because it is one way of acknowledging our worth and value. It's acknowledging your own self worth and importance in this world. It amazes me to read that text message. It's one of those messages that you will love to share with others. With this in mind, it will always start from you before others will learn to value you. You must know first your worth before others can learn to appreciate you.
I remember the advertisement AKO MISMO. It really must start from me. Everything must be from me. I must not blame others for the way things are happening. Instead of complaining why not do something on your own little ways that can help change the things that you think is not going the right way. I CAN, if I WILL. There will always be ways to, if you will to do it.
I think the reason we don't want to have the initiative to make a change because we are afraid to face the consequence of the decisions we make. We are afraid to be blamed. We fear to stand up and make a difference. We fear to leave our comfort zones.
Today, I collect all plastic bottles (shampoo bottles, water bottles and the likes) in our home. Even the tin cans from canned goods and milk cans. I sell it to the junkshops. In my own little way, I have minimized our garbage at home. When I go to the market, I carry a bayong or a indigeneous bag with me. In this way, I lessen the use of plastic bags that can degrade our environment. At home, to save electricity, I plug out our refrigerator during daytime because it is during this time that we often close-open the fridge which is very electricity consuming.
This may be simple things. But in this simple things, I believe I have made a difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment