Wednesday, July 8, 2009

the story of rose

Education knows no age. Learning is for all ages.
In applying for a memorial plan, there is this caption, must be below 60 years old. In applying for a job, there is an age requirement. Everthing has an age limit. But when you go to school, age doesn't matter.
There was this dorm mate of mine in college. She was taking up her Doctor's degree. She told me that it took her some time to proceed to her doctor's degree because of her health. She didn't told me what health problem she has and I didn't insisted either. She is already 55 years old. After a year, I didn't saw her again in the dormitory. But what I'm trying to say here is, she didn't reason the age that she can't get her doctor's degree but due to health reasons. Despite the age, she really wanted to get her Ph.D diploma. I just wish that she has it now before her health will rob it away from her.
If you want to do something it's better that you do it now. Time will never wait for the things that you want to do.
Before I enrolled in Prof. Ed, I was thinking of not pursuing it this year but next year. But my mother and sister told me, if you will not enroll today, I tell you, you will also not enroll next year. You will feel lazy to do it and then that's what you will feel again for the next year. With those words in mind, I took the entrance exam and enrolled myelf to Prof. Ed.
My father is always an advocator of education, at his age of 62, he is pursuing his doctor's degree under ETEEAP in MUST. He said that he is never too old to get his Ph.D. He is the one supporting me and my older sister in our schooling today. He said he is going to pay everything if we also want to take Masterals. With this, the more we are encourage to pursue our schooling to a higher degree. I will take it one step at a time though.
The story of Rose is very inspiring. It can give courage to those who failed to pursue their schooling in their younger days to go to school and get that diploma. It's never too late in education.
I'm 28 years old. I believe I'm still beginning a career right now because after 5 years since my last job, I have landed a new job. My job came late but it's never too late to prove my best in this job.

No comments:

Post a Comment